Lawrence General Hospital’s new state-of-the-art Surgical Center brings Boston-caliber surgical sophistication to the Merrimack Valley. Boasting seven spacious surgical suites – including the only hybrid operating room in the region – the center also features cutting edge video, lighting, and air-handling technology; an onsite pathology lab; expanded space for pre- and post- surgical care; and enhanced waiting areas for families.
Part of a $73 million multi-year master plan that includes an array of expansion, renovation, and improvement projects across the hospital, the new Surgical Center brings the level of Lawrence General’s facilities in line with the exceptional care provided.
- Six spacious, technologically advanced operating suites;
- One hybrid operating suite that enables both open and minimally invasive procedures;
- Advanced air handling system that creates an air curtain around the surgical field for maximum patient safety;
- On-site pathology lab allowing for real-time analysis of surgical specimens;
- Integrated video system that can display diagnostic images in surgical suites;
- Self-adjusting LED lighting system that eliminates shadows in the surgical field;
- Enhanced waiting areas for families, visitors, and staff.
Upcoming components of the master facility plan at Lawrence General opening in 2017 include a new surgical day care unit, central sterile processing department, and family/visitor waiting area.